11.10.2011

VIDEO: Rachel Crow Sings I'd Rather Go Blind on X FACTOR USA

Rachel Crow sings I'd Rather Go Blind

Rachel Crow, who has been my favorite since Day 1 of X-Factor USA, just proved yet again that age is not a factor for one to be a brilliant singer. She has soul and a depth that is way beyond her years.

The past few live shows were not her best. She sang a Medley of Bieber's song and "Walking on Sunshine" with altered lyrics which Cowell says as being creative. But I disagree. Both were good performances. The energy was there but the powerful vocals and the soul that I glimpsed when she sung Beyonce's "If I Were a Boy" during Bootcamp were not there.  

I don't understand what Simon Cowell is trying to do. She's turning her into a teeny-bop-Disney-sort of singer which she's not. Because Rachel Crow is a freakin' D-I-V-A and not some cutesy average singer. Yes, she's simply adorable and her bubbly and carefree personality were her greatest assets but as I see it, Rachel Crow and her vocals are capable of blowing the minds off of the audience when she sings if given the right song choice.

Thankfully, she chose her song for this week's Top 11 live show and hands down, it was absolutely brilliant. She did Etta James' "I'd Rather Go Blind" justice. So much justice in fact that it was in my opinion, the best performance of the night and my favorite one of Rachel's.

She sings "And Baaaby, Baaaby, Baaaby, Baaabyyyy I'd rather go blind boy." 

I love how she goes into this place of raw emotion and passion when she sings. I dare you to watch it and be totally blown away by this precocious thirteen-year-old.

Simon says he saved the best for last! And he truly did. Atta girl! Great job this week!

Watch the performance and see for yourself what I mean... =)



Judges Comments: 

 L.A. Reid: Up until now, I wasn't sure if you're a true contender for the $5M prize. Tonight, you proved that you have you're eye on the target. You were great! My favorite yet.

Nicole Scherzinger: Blah..blah..blah. That was amazing! I don't know where you get that soul. Only God knows, honey.

Paula Abdul: Baby girl, baby girl! Boy, do I love you! I love me some Rachel! I love you so much and I'm glad that you're teaching this man (referring to Simon) humility. Rachel, you were amazing! The best performance! This is who you are on that stage.

Simon Cowell: Blah.. And not only do I trust you, I adore you. You remind me tonight of a mini little Beyonce and you've got that winning attitude and right now you are back in the game, young lady!   

Listen to the original version. Etta James' "I'd Rather Go Blind"


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-6148168-1