11.24.2011

Rachel Crow: "All the kids out there, you can because I did!"


The adorable Rachel Crow sung I Believe by Yolanda Adams for the top 9 live performance on X Factor USA last night. She dedicated her performance for her mom and dad who adopted her when she was still a few months old.

I couldn't even imagine where and who Rachel would be if she was not lovingly cared by her foster parents. Rachel was born to a crack cocaine addicted mother. She has suffered abused and trauma living in a crack house and consequently, becoming addicted to crack. What an awful start in life for any kid.

Rachel Crow is 13-year-old today and looking at her and her genuine, innocent smile, you would never guess that she went through that when she was younger. She is such a ray of sunshine! When she smiles, she brightens up the place. When she sings, she captivates and tugs at your heart. She is a young, adorable, happy girl with an old soul.

I included the lyrics of I Believe below for some inspiration.

They said you wouldn't make it so far a a
And ever since they've said it its been hard
But never mind that night'cha had to cry
Cause you had never let it go inside
And you can never give up
You can reach your goals
Just talk to your soul and say

[Chorus:]
I believe i can
I believe i will
I believe i know my dreams are real
I believe i can
I believe i will
I believe i hold it soon man
That is what i do believe

Your fools are justes singing, your soul aha
And you know that your moves will let them show
You keep creating pictures in your mind
So just believe they will come true in time
It will be fine leave all of your cares and stress behind and
Just let it go
Let the music go inside again the pain
It just start to believe
 At third my yet what people say
Hold your head high and turn away
With all my hopes and dreams I will believe
Even though it seems it's not for me
I won't give up, i'll keep it up
Looking to the sky
I will achieve on my knees
I will always believe

At the end of her performance, Rachel said, "And I wanna tell all the kids out there that you really can because I did!"  

Could you adore this girl even more? And I hope that thousands more or even millions more would be inspired with her story. It was a bleak past for Rachel but I can see that she will have a bright, exciting future ahead. Rachel Crow, I do believe. =)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-6148168-1