11.10.2011

How to: Zumba Fitness "Moving the World to a New Beat"

Photo credit:
http://www.zumba-karin.moonfruit.com/

USA Today reported that Zumba Fitness was included as one of the top 10 fitness trends for 2012.

I was looking for some varieties for my fitness regimen which is mainly a combination of Billy Blank's Tae Bo and Jillian Michael's with a few sessions of badminton from time to time. Then I happen to came across a video of Zumba. I only tried out the 20-minute Express and I instantly loved it.

Zumba was accidentally created back in the 90s by Alberto "Beto" Perez, a native of Cali, Colombia and an aerobics instructor. One day, he forgot his aerobics music and made do with what he had that time which are salsa and merengue, mix 'em up and allowed the music to direct the moves and his students loved it. From there, a new fitness craze was born -- The Zumba!

With a tagline that says, "Ditch the workout, Join the Party", what could be more catchy than that?

Dancing being my secret love, I say, "Join the party!" Although I'm not ditching the workout entirely because I love it too.

The blending of Latin-inspired dance with the tune of party-popping music makes it all fun and at the same time getting your heart rate pumped up. You move your hands, feet and especially your hips with the beat. Who says fun and getting in shape don't mix?

Take a peak at what Zumba is all about:



And here is Zumba's latest program: The Zumba Exhilarate DVD Experience


Photo credit: www.zumba.com

For women weighing around 110-115 lbs., you can burn approximately 351 calories by doing an hour of Zumba.



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-6148168-1