11.07.2011

The Daily Battle

Yesterday, I was on top of the world
I felt like I conquered Mt. Everest
Or won the Olympics medal of gold
It was a feeling that tastes the sweetest

Today, I am on the brink of despair
I am barely breathing and barely living
Every little thing is a bother
I am choking and my heart is screaming
The pressures of life is too much to bear

Is there a better tomorrow? 
What lies ahead after the sunset?
I wish to wake up to that same yesterday
But today makes me want to burrow
To hide from the haunting glare of despair 
Or turn my back and simply walk away

                                                                 


My heart broken
My spirit is downcast
But a glimmer of hope awaken
The buried dream of my past
My dead soul enlightened 
With a soft whisper from the King of Atlas

He held my hand and said, "Arise my warrior"
You must fight the daily battle.









                                                                            


                                                                     Soniador

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-6148168-1