11.18.2011

Christmas Wishlist: The Amazon Kindle Fire


Who needs Apple's Ipad 2 if you can have Amazon's Kindle Fire for only $199? That gives you a savings of more or less $300.   

The Amazon Kindle Fire is the latest offering from the Kindle Series by Amazon. It is a full-color, 7-inch multi-touch, wi-fi-enabled Kindle Fire. You get to do pretty much the same things you can do with an Ipad 2 (web, apps, games, movies, music, reading and more). 

If your criteria includes a balance of functionality and price then you might just found the perfect gadget for you. I know I did. When buzz about the Kindle Fire came out, I was instantly drawn to it because of a number of things: 
  • Portability - It's only 7-inch and would fit perfectly in my go-to handbag. 
  • The free cloud storage for all Amazon content. This alone got me all excited already.
  • Price - Ultimately, the deciding factor is the price. 
You can get two Kindle Fire and an extra $100 to spend on accessories for a price of one Ipad 2. Amazing deal, huh?  

My only apprehensions are the battery life and the on-device storage which is a mere 8GB and only about 6GB available for user content. But that's still equivalent to about 80 apps and 10 movies or 800 songs or 6000 books. The battery life can last up to 8 hours depending on usage. Considering that my greatest need is an e-reader device and the Kindle Fire can store up to 6000 ebooks, that is heaven for me already. The other features are just a plus.

All I want for Christmas is the Kindle Fire. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-6148168-1