12.04.2012

The Zig Ziglar Legacy





"You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want." 
                                                             
                                                              - Zig Ziglar








C.S. Lewis. Abe Lincoln. Winston Churchill. Steve Jobs. John Piper. Mahatma Gandhi. William Wilberforce. Theodore Roosevelt. Jose Rizal. Peter Drucker. And Zig Ziglar. These men are some of those whom I highly look up to. They are my inspiration, my standard and my heroes.

I never met any of them but they changed my life through their stories, writing and legacy. These men are one in a million because they fully lived and embraced their fate and destiny. Passion and purpose drove them to make history. Most of them are long gone but their legacy lives and will continue to be alive in the future because of their incomparable and incredible contribution to humanity.

Last November 29, 2012, I heard the news that Zig Ziglar passed away after losing his battle against pneumonia. A great loss for us who were touched and changed by Zig's unwavering passion to motivate people live their dreams by helping enough other people achieve their own aspirations. Zig's contagious enthusiasm towards life and success will continue to change lives for the generations to come. He may have lost the battle to a sickness but his was a full life nevertheless. 

I mourn the passing of one of my heroes and my mentor. I have devoured his books and I have listened to his audio messages again and again. He has made such a huge difference in my attitude towards life. He made a believer out of me. One of my most treasured quotes from Zig talks about choosing to become a meaningful specific rather than becoming a wandering generality. Up to this day, that philosophy pushes me to live life meaningfully not only for my sake but for the sake of other people too. 

This is Zig Ziglar's legacy. He's not after individual successes but he wants every story to be meaningful and significant. This is not done through selfish ambition and hoarding of all the wealth in the world. Real and lasting success is all about working together with other people. You will get what you want if you help your friend, your neighbor, your colleague, your family get what they want. It's a win-win situation. It is a timeless and proven philosophy of sowing and reaping. It's all about building relationships with other people. And the truth is, it is more fulfilling and satisfying to know that you are a part of someone else's success story.

And Zig, you have helped me immensely. Thank you for your dedication to help other people run after their dreams and goals. You are a major part of so many people's success story including mine. You will be truly missed.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-6148168-1